Instructor Spotlight: Dre Torres
Dre teaches Tap series on Thursdays at 6:15 pm & 7:15 pm and she is not only a AWESOME instructor, but also an AMAZING performer! She's the founder and choreographer for Andrea Torres Dance Company and a member of Tapestry Dance Company. I asked her a few questions and she is cooler than I already thought she was!!
1. When did you start dancing?
2. What is your favorite thing to do in Austin?
Take my dog to play!
4. Who is your inspiration?
5. What are some of your non-dancing hobbies?
Video editing, finding new music, playing card games or any game with anyone!
6. What is your favorite dance-related experience?
Tap Dancing at Radio City Music Hall and teaching at Broadway Dance Center in New York.
7. Favorite Show/Movie/Book: TV Show: Grey's Anatomy Movie: All Marvel movies! Book: The Alchemist
8. Fun fact about you?
I own an air hockey table so come play!!
9. You are taking a dance class - what style can we find you in first?
10. Favorite Quote and why?
"Our Truest life is when we are in dreams awake" -HDT. This has been my favorite quote for about ten years. When I first read this it's like my eyes were finally opened. We can dream our greatest dreams, but when we fulfill them and pursue them our soul transcends.