Instructor Spotlight: Vivi
Meet our wonderful Belly Dance instructor, Vivi! She currently teaches special series classes, check out the schedule to see when her next series starts!
1. When did you start dancing? At 11 years old.
2. What is your favorite thing to do in Austin? Watch the sunset from Mount Bonnell.
3. Hometown? Florianópolis, Brazil.
4. Who is your inspiration? My mother.
5. What are some of your non-dancing hobbies? Movies! I’m a member of The Austin Film Society and I can be found there watching foreign films pretty often.
6. What is your favorite dance-related experience? Dancing in Istanbul Turkey and winning the Tarazade Competition has been one of my career highlights.
7. Favorite Show/Movie/Book: TV Show: at this moment - Stranger Things 2 Movie: Freaks Book: Pathway to Bliss by Joseph Campbell
8. Fun fact about you? I’ve back packed through South America for 1 month when I turned 20. It was amazing.
9. You are taking a dance class - what style can we find you in first?
Belly Dance - never stop learning.
10. Favorite Quote and why?
“Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls.” Joseph Campbell
Why: I love Joseph Campbell. I keep that quote near by because it has this amazing awakening power to it and it reminds me to never let go of the things I love.